Monday 8 December 2014



This book, however, is intended to be different, to explore the actual process of taking photographs. I think I’d like to call it an insider’s view, though that smacks of hubris, because I’m drawing on the experience of photographers, myself included, at the time of shooting. A great deal goes on in the process of making an exposure that is not at all obvious to someone else seeing the result later. This will never prevent art critics and historians from supplying their own interpretations, which may be extremely interesting but not necessarily have anything to do with the circumstances and intentions of the photographer. What I will attempt to do here is to show how photographers compose their images, according to their intentions, moods, and abilities, and how the many skills of organizing an image in the viewfinder can be improved and shared.


Download

0 comments:

Post a Comment